Thursday 4 March 2010

Bored Rant

I am so bored and uninspired it's not even funny. I seriously do not know what to do with myself. My mother used to say, 'If you are bored, it's because you are boring, create your own fun'. Hmm, I guess I should say I'm boring then. Last night I literaly sat looking around, wondering what I could do. My house is eviously tidy (aside from my bed, but until I have a permanent bed mate, that's never going to change), I painted my toenails, fed, watered and put the short peeps to bed... ugh now what to do? Its not like I don't have things that need doing, its just those things were not appealing to me at the time. Yes I have a novel to finish, I could have done some laundry, or pretended to clear my bed, I could edit a movie clip (or film a new one), but I so could not be arsed. If the phone rang one more time I swear I was gonna pull it out the plug and switch of the ones that don't require one to work. I love my peeps, but conversation is getting boring now too.

What I mean to say is, I'm tired of the monotony, its enough to drive anyone insane. Day in, day out, life is beginning to feel like ground hog day. Same ole, same ole with slight variations, but not enough to break the cycle.

A few things have changed. I've started African dancing again, I do some every morning now, to get my day off to a vibrant start and I've been guided to do some research into the Yoruba orisha. As fascinating as it is, the numerous contradictions are disturbing my brain to no end.

You know what? I think at a time like this, maybe writing my book is exactly what I need to do. Create a new twist to the plot or a new specie that I can become engrossed in. Yup, I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment