Thursday 9 September 2010

Let It Burn

A friend of mine keeps saying, "you wrote 3 books in one year!" and I told him, no I haven't, I wrote my first book at the end of 2007. What he was refering to was how long it took me to write each book. The Mouth of Babes took me 3 months of non-stop day and night writing. The second Let Sleeping Gods Lie, took me about 18months to complete, but mainly because for about 12 of those months I didn't write at all. My life had become busy with moving home, entering into a relationship, having one of my children start high school and working as a computer technician. In total I spent 6 months actually writing, and the rest of my time pretending that I had forgotten I was supposed to be. The times I didn't write I compensated by working on the building up of my brand name and making it so that when my name was keyed into google, I'd come out on top. The final book, Heaven's War: The Gods Awakened, took me 3 months again because I spent about a month dawdling. I'm happy to report that the consensus is that my writing has been evolving and improving with every release, yay!

True enough, in terms of how my friend calculated it, I wrote 3 novels in one year. That's uh, actually kinda cool I guess. All this time I thought I was taking too long! Since having completed my latest book, the question that has been on my mind is, what the hell am I gonna do now that the trilogy is finished? Simple, carry on writing! I'm not sure what yet, but since this long lost passion was re-ignited, all I know is I've gotta let it burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment