Friday 18 December 2009

Back to the KISS Method

My soul's tide governs my body's flow. Unfortunately at times my body thinks it knows better and retaliates governance. In my case, pain is the result. In my optimism I would say that the silver lining to this cloud (though it never seems like it at the time), is that I don't have a long wait before I discover that I've made a wrong turn. When my body and soul fall out of synchronicity, I soon get a sharp warning. Problem is, whether or not I recognise it, and whether or not I heed it. What I find is that whenever I do fall out of synch, I have to take a step back and re-think my strategy. The process is never as calm as I feel at the point of writing this blog. It's usually more of a wailing and gnashing of teeth, as I woefully cry out "why now dayum it?! I got things to do!" After all the emotional outbursts that usually occur during the time of experiencing residual pain and side-effects of having to take toxic pain meds, I get back to my rational self and meditate. What I usually find is that I learn a new way of simplifiying the tasks I have recently been overwhelmed with. In the absense of being able to utilise my physical, my mental and spiritual become sharper.

I am practical by nature, so much of what I do based on the principle of simplicity, but "necessity is the mother of invention" and is definitely the middle name of my muse. There are so many things I need to get done, not enough time to do them in, and I need to also cater for how my body needs to be able to somewhat keep up with my mind (which is damn near impossible) and thus a need is created and a way soon presents itself in the form of my having a 'Eureka' moment of clarity. First things first, we must start with one of my oh so wonderful lists that will determine Priority, Urgency, Feasibility and Effort Required.

I'm off for a date with my pen and pad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment