Wednesday 20 January 2010

Git Yo Ass UP!

On and off since October last year I have been suffering sickle cell crisis and little by little it has had me slow my usual pace to a complete halt. Throughout December, the pain was unfathomable and I wound up in hospital for a couple days. When I finally got over that I had some kinda mutant flu that was the worst I had ever experienced in my life and that too kept me in bed. By the time I got over that, guess what? Another fricking hospital level crisis! This time I refused to succumb and did everything from meditative breathing to popping mad pills and covering myself in so much deep heat rub, my whole bedroom seemed to emanate menthol. The thing about having a crisis is, its not just the pain that takes you down, its the time it takes for your body to recover from the whole ordeal, especially if you have to resort to taking potent dosages of pain relief. So during this period, I have been unable to move much, in fact I was stuck upstairs because I simply couldn't get up and down them. Within the space of 3 months, I became... *sigh* a bum! I did naught, but watch back to back anime and sci-fi. I couldn't even read because my head was so bleary for the pain and the side-effects of the meds that was supposed to suppress it. Yup, 1st class BUM!

We are now coming to the end of January and the worst of the pain is over. My knees seem to be in permanent crisis, but I've just had to convince myself that its now just a part of life like my menstrual cycle, and I don't pop pills for that. So live is pretty much getting back to normal, except somewhere along the line I've gone and lost my mojo. Bum mode is all I know now. Motivation, inspiration, passion, who the hell gave the triad permission to abscond and not even give me advance warning? Well, that don't sit well with me. No Sir! Today I'm hauling their bad asses back. Today my year begins with me getting back to me. Over the next 48 hours, me and my stubborn, determined, 'I know you didn't just tell me I couldn't do it' self will be completing the following tasks:

1) Write in my blog (you're reading it now)
2) Put up a new video (I uploaded one yesterday, but I'm gonna put up one today too)
3) Update a couple of my sites (myspace, n9neformation.com are the priorities)
4) Write at least three chapters (this should be interesting)
5) Design my media kit (looooong overdue that I got that finished)
6) Go for a meditation walk. (yup, I will brace the harsh London cold, pray for me)

Updates for the completion of each task will be posted on my facebook page.

Tosin Coker, time to git yo ass up, and remember how to BE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment