Thursday 21 January 2010

Progress Report!

After challenging myself to the completion of 6 tasks in order to force myself out of this slump, I'm pleased to report I achieved 5 out of the 6. I know, I know, I was supposed to do all of them, and as it happens I completed 3.5 of them yesterday. The .5 was my managing to update my myspace profile: Myspace.com/TosinCoker, but not my personal site. Believe me, it wasn't for lack of trying! I was up til past 3am battling with it. Yes I do webdesign, but I've never learnt about flash, well guess what my site is? Yup FLASH! How I managed to get it up and running in the first place, only heaven knows. I had been dreading performing long overdue updates for the simple reason that it would require me to edit .swf files that I am clueless about. See but here is where my stubborn nature is a good thing. I was not about to be defeated, and after challenging myself, it was time to woman up! Huh, 5 hours later, I was close to tears, but more from the possibility of having to admit defeat. I was close to having my geek status revoked, I felt the pressure of my quadcore mothership computer and her blue neon lights that I swear was blinking binary abuse. She had suddenly become too much machine for me to handle I was fast descending into abysmal realm of computer illiterates.... Noooooooooooo!!! Whoa, I was having a flashback, my bad. Back to the point. So I finally carried my ass to bed and even denied myself watching an episode of One Piece (anime series) for good measure. I deserved to be flogged with a cat 5 cable, I was thoroughly gutted and sulked till I fell asleep.

But never fear, there was a twist to this sad story! A true geek dreams such equations, and this is exactly what I did (in between dreams of paying for that fricking parking ticket) and by the morning I felt a renewed sense of hope. A short time after I sat back in front of the 22inch screen of The Mothership, I began to see it. Suddenly what seemed damn near impossible only a few hours before became as clear as day. I even surprised myself with all I managed to achieve. I keep going back to the site and smiling. Yup I can finally stop sending peeps to everywhere but my site: N9NEFORMATION.COM!! Wooohhhh!!!!

As for the video:



I've designed my media kit, now I just gotta fill it and attach a downloadable link on my site (cuz now I know how to do that see). I did go for the walk, and damn near felt like I was fit to collapse. I guess I'm not strong enough to exert myself just yet. Baby steps - literally.

The only thing I didn't do was the 3 chapters. If not for how many hours I spent on the site I'm sure I could have completed that also, but I care not, I'm extremely overjoyed for all I did manage to complete. How could I feel bad when I exceeded my own expectations. The reality is, my site/myspace profile had been bugging me for a few months now. If anything they were my top priority as this is the first impression that peeps looking me up will receive. The 3 chapters were more of a bonus. Not bad for 48 hours eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment